The kitchen sink is a really important part of the interior. In addition to its practical function, it must also fulfill an aesthetic one. Modern kitchen sinks are very convenient to use, look attractive and fit well into different interior styles. Let’s see what a good car wash looks like in 2021.
Variety of shapes
Today it is easy to find a sink of any shape, from classical geometry to complex non-standard solutions.
The most popular options:
- circle – a universal classic with excellent spaciousness, easy to clean;
- an oval is a more original solution than a round bowl, but with the same advantages;
- square – a simple base that matches any countertop, but is a little more difficult to wash because of the corners;
- a rectangle is a more spacious model than a square one;
- triangle – corner kitchen sinks take up less space and save space;
- polygon – non-standard sinks with five, six or more sides look interesting; such models require a large countertop.
Sinks differ in the number of bowls. In addition to the classic one, there are two, three and four. The presence of several sections simplifies many routine tasks. You can put dirty dishes in one, and rinse fruits and vegetables in the other.
The diameter of one bowl varies from 300 to 1000 mm. To place at least two equal sections requires a lot of space on the work surface. Therefore, at home people more often install either a regular model, or with one large and one additional mini-section. In restaurants and other public places, the most capacious specimens are needed.
Modern sinks are made from strong, environmentally friendly and durable raw materials. They are easy to clean with a regular sponge and soapy water. There is no need to be afraid that the material will be stained or scratched.
Best options for home:
- stainless steel – such alloys are always relevant, have excellent strength indicators, look very aesthetically pleasing in the interior and do not require special care;
- granite chips – heavy-duty fragranite – an innovative solution that is not afraid of either shock or temperature drops;
- ceramics – fraceram looks very elegant, does not scratch or crack, but rather heavy;
- artificial raw materials – technological tectonite is light, strong, has an optimal ratio of quality and cost.
Also, the choice of a sink is influenced by the presence of additional functions such as noise absorption or a waste disposer. There are different types of mounting. The sink is placed on top of the countertop, under it, or embedded at the same level. The smaller the gap between the edges of the bowl and the table, the lower the likelihood that water will seep in there or dirt will clog.
We recommend paying attention to Franke sinks. These are high quality products presented in a huge assortment. Among them, you will surely find the best solution for yourself.